Required medical examination in the Chinese mainland
Nothing is more important than your health. Here’s a brief rundown of what to expect regarding a medical check when you arrive in the Chinese mainland.
Necessity of the health examination
Foreigners and residents from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan applying to work or study in the Chinese mainland for one or more years are required to have an inbound medical check.
Where to take it
If you live in Beijing, you can go to the Beijing International Travel Healthcare Center. Don’t forget to make a reservation in advance.
Online reservation: http://tjyy.bithc.bjciq.gov.cn/En/Index.aspx
Office hours: 8:30 am to 11:00 am from Monday to Friday, closed for statutory holidays
If you live in other places, you can check with the nearby international travel healthcare center (guoji lyuxing weisheng baojian zhongxin). Normally, the center is headquartered in the capital city of each province. Or you can consult through a phone call 12360.
1. Do not have breakfast on the day of the examination.
2. If on any medication, continue to take it and inform the doctors or staff upon registration for the exam.
3. Dress comfortably as X-rays will be conducted.
4. Arrive early, especially at the start of each semester, as the center can be quite busy.
5. Print out your online appointment page.
What to bring
1. Your valid original passport and a copy, including picture and information page, visa page, and entry stamp page.
2. A completed health examination application form.
3. Three recent 2-inch photos.
4. The medical check fee (about 400-700 yuan).
5. Other documents:
One with a working visa: an original and photocopy of the certificate issued by SAFEA and company's business license or registration certificate.
One with a student visa: an original and photocopy of student ID or admission notice.
One accompanying family members: a photocopy of family members' business license.
If you have an overseas health check report issued within 6 months, please bring all the original documents including Chest X ray film and laboratory results.
It is a relatively simple procedure. It takes about 30-60 minutes depending on the number of people being processed. You’ll be required to go to different rooms for the following examinations:
Height and Weight check
Blood test Urine Test
Blood pressure check
Pulse regularity check
Stethoscope check for breathing regularity
X-Rays (usually of the torso)
- Xi's actions in the COVID-19 outbreak
- Sharing China's experience in COVID-19 control with the world
- The Knowledge Center for China’s Experiences in Response to COVID-19
- Timeline of China releasing information on COVID-19 and advancing international cooperation
- China publishes timeline on COVID-19 information sharing, int'l cooperation
- Latest guide on how to wear masks