What kills novel coronavirus?
In the seventh guideline on the diagnosis and treatment of the novel coronavirus released by the National Health Commission, several substances are listed as effective ways to inactivate the coronavirus. Let's have a careful check and listen to its advice.
1. Ultraviolet light
The novel coronavirus is sensitive to ultraviolet light, so ultraviolet radiation can effectively eliminate the virus.
But UV lamps should not be used to sterilize hands or other areas of skin, as the radiation can cause skin irritation.
The novel coronavirus is vulnerable to heat, but can only become inactive after exposure to a temperature of 56 C for more than 30 minutes.
3. Some certain disinfectants
There are some chemical disinfectants that can kill the virus on surfaces. These include chlorine-based disinfectants, ether solvents, 75 percent ethanol, peracetic acid and chloroform.
- China calls for strengthened psychological assistance in epidemic control
- Nine questions about children's epidemic prevention
- State Council's traveling tips during epidemic
- State Council's tips on workplace COVID-19 prevention, control
- How to stay safe from COVID-19 at your workplace
- Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19