China's daily nucleic acid testing capacity tops 3m: official
Staff members work in an inflatable COVID-19 testing lab in Beijing, capital of China, June 23, 2020. [Photo/Xinhua]
BEIJING - China currently can offer 3.78 million nucleic acid tests for COVID-19 every day, a 200-percent increase from March, a health official said on June 24.
As of Monday, Chinese medical institutions had conducted 90.41 million nucleic acid tests for COVID-19 in total, said Guo Yanhong, an official with the National Health Commission.
The total number of designated centers offering nucleic acid test has increased from 2,081 in early March to the current 4,804, marking a 131 percent increase, Guo noted, adding that 28,500 technicians are engaged in nucleic acid testing.
- Chinese vice premier calls for efforts to implement Healthy China initiative
- Xi stresses developing traditional Chinese medicine
- China to produce more than 3b COVID-19 vaccines this year: Official
- COVID-19 diagnosis by antibodies only applies to unvaccinated population: NHC
- Timeline: China's prompt release of COVID-19 information, experience-sharing
- Infographic: All you need to know about taking COVID-19 vaccines