China includes people above 60 in COVID-19 vaccination
BEIJING -- China has expanded the target population for COVID-19 vaccination to include people aged 60 years old and above, the National Health Commission said on April 1.
People aged 18 and above are covered under the current vaccination program, said a document on COVID-19 vaccination issued by the commission on its official website.
It is recommended that people aged 60 and above get vaccinated as they are at high risk of severe symptoms and death after being infected with the virus, said the document.
- Chinese vice premier calls for efforts to implement Healthy China initiative
- Xi stresses developing traditional Chinese medicine
- China to produce more than 3b COVID-19 vaccines this year: Official
- COVID-19 diagnosis by antibodies only applies to unvaccinated population: NHC
- Timeline: China's prompt release of COVID-19 information, experience-sharing
- Infographic: All you need to know about taking COVID-19 vaccines