21 COVID-19 vaccines enter clinical trials in China
BEIJING — China has witnessed 21 COVID-19 vaccines enter clinical trials, an official with the National Health Commission (NHC) said on June 6.
So far, four COVID-19 vaccines have been granted conditional marketing approval and three have been authorized for emergency use within the country, according to Zeng Yixin, deputy head of the NHC.
A total of eight COVID-19 vaccines have been approved for phase III clinical trial overseas, and one messenger RNA (mRNA) COVID-19 vaccine met the ethical requirements for phase III clinical trial overseas, Zeng said.
- Chinese vice premier calls for efforts to implement Healthy China initiative
- Xi stresses developing traditional Chinese medicine
- China to produce more than 3b COVID-19 vaccines this year: Official
- COVID-19 diagnosis by antibodies only applies to unvaccinated population: NHC
- Timeline: China's prompt release of COVID-19 information, experience-sharing
- Infographic: All you need to know about taking COVID-19 vaccines